Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Things to bring in Korea

If you are ready to come to Korea, what is needed to bring? You have no idea if you come across South Korea due to your jobs of teaching in Korea. Korea has distinct seasons, Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter.

Clothing (Bring clothing for 4 seasons):
-Business casual clothes at work (There is a dress code in a class, but some schools want teacher to wear a tie) – Male: button down shirt, dress shirts, dark color pants or a pair of slacks
– Female: blouses, sweaters, pairs of slacks, skirts ( not to short one )
- A winter jacket (down jacket) – winter in Korea is cold. - 2 sweaters or more as you want.
- Underwear – I don’t know men, but women have your favorite underwear fit well.
- Socks – it is not easy to find big size in Korea.
- Shoes for work
- Athletic shoes – over size 9, you may look around many stores to find it.
- Boots – Korea snows in winter and they are good for fashion.
- Towels – Korean use small one sized hand towels or you can buy it in Korea.
- Swimming suit – who knows you go to beach and have fun in Korea in summer vacations.

Food Stuff
- Bring your favorite Gum and Chocolate (I love M7Ms, I brought 1 box of it)
- If you like to cook, it would be good to bring some spices preferred. (I used Costco to get some spices from my country)
- If you want some food in your home, you might go to Costco.

Personal Stuff
- Deodorant – Not many Korea use it, so it is not easy to find the same one in Korea.
- Products of women – I have my preferred brands for stuff of women like tempos and deodorant. So bring any stuff preferred.
- Eyeglasses/contact lenses
- Sunglasses
- Digital camera lap-top
- Novels that you want to read (Here is a bit more expensive because of import tax)
- Backpack – I brought small one for work, it’s also useful for short trips.
- Cosmetics that have not Korea branches.
- Jeans – It’s not easy to find right one for me.
(Here in Korea, everything is smaller than my home)

I brought them when I came to Korea, but I am sure that you may think of more stuffs for living in Korea. You may get some more information through WorknPlay Consulting.

No comments: