Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Become an ESL teacher in Korea

Teach English in Korea – Part 1

I taught English to Elementary School students in Korea for 2 years. My school was a Korean public school in Korea. When I found this job, I thought it was bogus, because the recruiter who placed me told me that I could get free housing, medical insurance, round flight tickets, and bonus if I took the job. And also I did not know about South Korea among Asian countries.

Everything she told me was true! I do remember how I felt it. “I am so lucky!” If you like to travel and experience new adventures, teaching overseas is right for you! There are lots of jobs avail in Japan, China, Taiwan, and Korea. But if you need to earn money to payoff your loan, Korea is the great place to save money. If you have university degree in any field from US, UK, CA, AU, NZ, SF, Ireland, you can earn money and travel countries in Asia.

First, I would like to recommend you to do online research whether it is right for you or not. If you read some stories in English teacher forum, you would be faced with bad or good stories. As you know it, everyone has different aspects. Event though it is a bit hard for you to live in a totally different country for 1 year without any idea of a country, teaching job is easy and make you earn money. Are you ready?

The jobs in Korea can be divided into 2 sectors, a public school and a private school (private institute). Each school has different benefit. A public school system gives you lesser teaching hours and longer vacations, and also you can really experience Korean school system, but you are the only one foreign teacher in a school. A private school gives you higher salary and foreigner co-teacher, but teaching hour is longer and vacation is short. If you would like to know about the differences, click!

No comments: