Wednesday, August 20, 2008

4 Distinct Seasons in Korea

Humidity in Korea (Weather)
I had never been in this humidity before I came to Korea, which was not great experience, but I could stand it as it was short!

Korea has 4 distinct seasons and I like spring and autumn, I don’t like winter and summer. Spring begins in late March or early April. Warm breeze makes you feel good. If you like to get tan, it is good to go to rooftop of your home with some beers. (I did and sometime I invited friends and had parties)

Cheerry Blossom Festival

Summer is in August and very hot and humid. Many Korean have vacations in late July and early August. If you go to Haeundae in Busan during this time, you might be surprised! It is so crowded. While you are in Korea in July, I would recommend Boryeong Mud Festival. Lots of foreigners go there and local residences are so kind.

Boryeong Mud Festival in Korea


There is monsoon season in Korea before summer in June. I don’t like this season because there is nothing to do except for staying at home.

Autumn is from Sep to Nov. Many of you are coming on Sep or at the end of Aug as many public schools in Korea start in Sep 1st. And I think the weather is best to settle in Korea. If you have free time over the weekends, going to mountains in Korea is best time because the hills are ablaze with autumnal tints.

Winter is from Dec to Feb. It is cold and snows during that time. If you like to ski, you can enjoy skiing for this season. Even I don’t like to get cold, but skiing is my favorite sport in Korea.

Skiing in Korea

No comments: